Monday, March 8, 2010

I'm not much of a Toby Keith fan...

...but that cat has a song out right now about the death of a friend that pretty much captures how I feel today.

And I grippingly ask myself "How is it that you can get so caught up in the clutter of the day so as to neglect telling someone how much they've done for you?"

I don't have a valid answer. I just sort of reel in all the things I do, try to do and then don't no...then there's the stuff that I don't even know I'm supposed to be doing and don't do.

Doug, I forgot to tell you how much I love you. You treated me like a son. You listened to me, taught me stuff about being a father and a husband. I love you. I love your family.

I know its part of the plan, but I don't feel really happy right now. I know its better there. I know you're asking all the questions you and I talked about. I know that you were prepared and that Father welcomed you. I know you've kicked in the work like never before. I know that you are running with your folks (please tell Harry I miss him too). But still...

I selfishly shed tears.

J.

1 comment:

sweetlissybug said...

If shedding tears over someone you love is selfish, I am really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really (I could keep going, but I think you get the point) selfish. Tears are really good at helping people cope. Shed on.