Tuesday, June 28, 2011

That could've been me...

Recently I was an unfortunate bystander to a group of all-together great people standing around while just a simple few drug someone's name through the mud. Publicly.

Some listened.

Some laughed.

Some even participated as the raucous got tin pan louder.

I had to walk away.

I know that person. Well sort of. I know a version of that person. I know versions of the people who were there. I know versions of a lot of people. Glimpses. Snap shots or clips in a grand documentary. Tough to judge a film by the trailer, or the poster. Even the critics get it wrong.

Simply put I walked away because it could have been me they were egg-tossing. Fact. It has been me.

"Well...that person deserved it. They're all that and more than what was said. That's exactly the person I knew." Sure. Maybe. I guess. I don't really know. At all.

I guess people have a right to say whatever they want about whomever they want, but should they? Should we?

It wasn't funny. It was tympanic-tragic. It could've been any one of us.

It could have been, and often has been me. My promise to you is that if I'm in the room, it won't be you.

1 comment:

Brittney said...

This is why I admire you so much, Jarret.

Brittney