Friday, February 26, 2010

An ode to CFA Kids...

I am a pathfinder. I am an innovater. I refuse to speak the word "can't". Thousands of times I have been told no, you are too small, you can't possibly do that, it's a bad idea or it can't be done.

I remain.

Drill Sergeant Pint used his stone jaw and 2 pack a day vocal cords to tell me he would personally "...run you outta here old man...". Mr. Bob Colette pointedly let my sternum and my ear drums know that he would make sure I never amounted to anything. And it could be argued that the circumstances I found myself in over my life would lend themselves to anything but triumph over adversity.

I remain.

Amongst the throngs of prognosticators who doubted me, there were those of you have never doubted. My father, my patriarch, my matriarch, my Father. When I have stumbled, fallen and looked up through a veil of tears, you were there to encourage me, giving me a standing ovation for coming in last...no...for finishing the race.

I remain.

I can. I am a pathfinder. Don't waste your time telling me no or that it can't be done. I know that it can be dreamed, designed, tried, failed, tried again and done.

I remain.

3 comments:

sweetlissybug said...

Applause and standing ovations.

abby said...

the world needs more of that attitude. i need more of that attitude.

Jarret M. Sharp, Ed. D. said...

thank you both.